What is this blog all about?

The main purpose of this blog is to give an overview of the things I do, in my everyday life, in order to improve my English. Since I am a very lazy person, I mostly read, and watch movies, and do things which make it possible for me to improve my vocabulary, my grammar and my accent without getting bored... So this blog is going to be about the books I read, the movies I watch, and some other things which I find relevant (or not)...

I hope you'll like it! Don't hesitate to leave comments if you have any suggestions concerning what I should write about!!

lundi 23 février 2009

Ode to joy



I spent the summer in a crap-town
Called Saarbrücken in Deutschland
I've been bored and I've been broodin'
From June up to homecomin'

I lived with ugly slugs
My room was full of bugs
I hated life, I wanted home
Drank vodka out of mugs
But one mornin', came a'rollin'
Straight from heaven
Tanned and dashin'
The Bus Seventy-Seven !

Oh, bus driver, my bus driver,
I'll never forget thee
You were the sunshine of my summer
But d'you remember me ?

I've seen you once, I've seen you twice
And then you disappeared,
"Timetable change" was my demise
It shouldn't have interfered

If I could've, then I would've
Looked into your eyes
But you were looking at the road
Which probably saved my life

And each mornin' I sat waitin'
Dressed up to the nines
For you to come a'rollin'
In that big bus of thine

OOOOH, bus driver, my bus driver,
I'll never forget thee,
I wish all other drivers
Would be so nice to me !
<3

PS : Dear reader, I hope you enjoy this magnificent bit of high-profile poetry. I've just had a brilliant week-end with my sisters, and I'm in a great mood. Here's to you, F and M !

8 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

HAHAHA, comment "M" fait style "j'ai des jumelles pour observer les sternes arctiques" alors qu'en fait elle n'a même pas su reconnaître un hélicoptère !!

Et sinon, si tu te mets à la poésie, j'ai du souci à me faire, moi.

Claire a dit…

Khhhihihi, c'est tout à fait vrai. On pourrait faire une mise en abîme, avec cette photo, et mettre en dessous celle qu'elle était en fait en train de prendre ! Ca serait fascinant !!

Sinon, oué. Mais en fait, je voyais plutôt ça comme les paroles d'une chanson country XD... genre I sat on a beartrap (just this morning)

Anonyme a dit…

...ouais mais c'est pas une photo, c'est un film vidéo.

Pour les cheveux, je n'ai pas d'excuse.

Pour la poésie, je dis ENCORE!

Claire a dit…

moi j'l'aime bien, cette photo. Et également, je pense que c'est une photo, car pour le film de l'hélico, j'étais en train de regarder l'hélico et non de cous prendre en photo... (ça rime. Photo, et hélico. Ca rime)

Fran a dit…

Et sinon, Joy, c'est un nom bizarre pour un chauffeur de bus, quand même.


Bon, OK, je sors.

Claire a dit…

Alors, ça... ça.... ça c'est malin !!

XD

Mr. Rush a dit…

Love the poetry.

--your biggest fan

Claire a dit…

\o/ Thanks a lot Mr Rush! I'm glad you like it!

*Guuyyyyys ! Guyyyyyys ! I have a FAN on my BLOOOG !!!!*

*^.^*