What is this blog all about?

The main purpose of this blog is to give an overview of the things I do, in my everyday life, in order to improve my English. Since I am a very lazy person, I mostly read, and watch movies, and do things which make it possible for me to improve my vocabulary, my grammar and my accent without getting bored... So this blog is going to be about the books I read, the movies I watch, and some other things which I find relevant (or not)...

I hope you'll like it! Don't hesitate to leave comments if you have any suggestions concerning what I should write about!!

lundi 22 décembre 2008

Looking for you, Mr Castang

Well, well, reader, I intended to spend the afternoon doing useful things and studying and being a good girl, but I got glued to the couch by the sweet sweet christmas spirit (it acted a bit like molten toffee, you know, and then you're trapped, forever). Since I am alone at home, I turned on the TV, and then all was lost...

It started with the 101 Dalmatians, (Hugh Laurie ! Incredible ! Hugh Laurie's in that !) then it went on with the stupidest film in history called something like "two lovers at christmas" or something, and then I changed channels and went on the watch a bit of something with Katie Holmes and Buffy's Riley (can't remember his name) and that was just so sweet it was too much (gave me the feeling of having eaten too many bredalas though I haven't even started with the Christmas anti-diet yet), so I changed channels again, and IT WAS DR WHO !!! So all is lost, I guess I'll just sit here until I'm completely rotten. :3

Anyway, since they are episodes I have already seen at least twice (oh that "Blink" one with the statues... Just brilliant, that's what it is), I figured I'd get my laptop, and tell you about my parisian week-end in a few words, while raising my eyes to enjoy the sight once in a while !

So ! Paris ! It was really great seing all my friends and we had a great time ! We went to the theater too, to see a play by Edouard Baer, who's a French actor and comedian, and it was absolutely brilliant. You know that thing I had with capes ? It has not improved since "A la recherche de Mr Castang". If you have the opportunity to check his work out, do, it's really cool. And he's got that talent to set my mood to great for at least two days. So thank you V, (my best friend V) for inviting me, it was a really great play and I loved it !

Apart from that, we went around, saw the Eiffel Tower, went to the Galeries Lafayettes and the Printemps and the Palais de l'Elysée, and it was really cool. Paris really is a great city, and it's particularly lovely at christmas, what with all the lights and all.

I also wanted to congratulate my friend A. who succeeded in entering the french Police Forces, which is her lifelong dream. I'm so happy for her, I figured I'd tell you, even though I don't think she comes here very often ! Yeah for you A !!!

Well, I hope the christmas spirit has not glued you to the couch, and if it has, well, move on, enjoy the cold, bake some cookies and have a nice day !!

Aucun commentaire: