What is this blog all about?

The main purpose of this blog is to give an overview of the things I do, in my everyday life, in order to improve my English. Since I am a very lazy person, I mostly read, and watch movies, and do things which make it possible for me to improve my vocabulary, my grammar and my accent without getting bored... So this blog is going to be about the books I read, the movies I watch, and some other things which I find relevant (or not)...

I hope you'll like it! Don't hesitate to leave comments if you have any suggestions concerning what I should write about!!

lundi 10 mars 2008

Tengo la Camisa Negra


Well, this title hardly has anything to do with the movie I saw last night, but these are the only words I can say in Spanish, with "me llamo Clarita" and I'm pretty sure there must be some kind of grammar mistake in there somewhere. (Beside the fact that it's not my name, of course, but Clarita sounds much better, in Spanish, don't you think?)

As I said, I went to the cinema yesterday, and saw a spanish movie (in French, because in my town's cinema, they don't do dubbing) called "El Orfanato" (oh, mad! Another two words in Spanish!!). It was a horror movie, and as usual when I go see horror movies, I spent quite a lot of time wondering what the hell was making me go see these kind of films. Indeed, Reader, once it starts being real freaky (what usually is because of the music more than because of the images), I keep thinking that I'd rather be home, and yet I always go see more... Beats me...

I like horror movies though, mainly because the stories (when there is one, which is not always the case) is often really sad, or good, or poetic, in El Orfanato's case, it was all three. Besides, it did not fall into the terrible trap of showing you a monster or gross things all along, because when people (directors mostly) do that to me, I quickly get used to it and lose interest in the whole movie. This time, there was only one really gross scene with an old lady getting hit by an ambulance (gross) but apart from that, it was mostly just terrifying. Especially one part where the nice lady gets attacked by a creature with a bag upon its head, which makes strange breathing noises, and which you can see coming from the other end of the corridor. Terrifying.
But as I said, it was a very good terrifying movie, and if you have a chance of seing it, don't hesitate. Only beware. It doesn't make you sick, unlike Cloverfield, but it's pretty creepy, and if you're prone to nightmares, you'd better have a Disney DVD waiting at home!! I'd say Peter Pan would be suitable!

Have a nice evening, reader, I hope I'll write again soon! (Yeah, I haven't been very productive lately...)

4 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Jvais y penser. Mais d'abord, Once (demain probablement, parce qu'il n'est qu'à un seul cinéma et j'ai peur qu'il ne disparaisse tout de suite...) (pourtant il a eu un prix, mais bienvenue chez les chtis l'a tuer, j'en ai peur) (à propos, t'as vu ça, toi?)(ouais c'est VRAI!! ça faisait longtemps!!!)

Claire a dit…

Ouaiiiis!! Once! Once! Once! Tant pis pour les Ch'tis!!

Pis, ouais, ça fait longtemps, mais bon, le dernier, cétait sur les oscars, c'est pas si énorme... J'avais pas d'inspiratioooooon!

Bisoux! Merci!!

Anonyme a dit…

Si si, a mi me gustan las pelìculas españolas, pienso que son muy interesantes ¿no?

Verrouillage of the toboggans, piensez aux portes...

Claire a dit…

XD Me gustan la pelliculas, me gustas tu... me gusta la machinas, me gusta el truca... Ay ay ay aaaaay ay ay mi amor....