What is this blog all about?

The main purpose of this blog is to give an overview of the things I do, in my everyday life, in order to improve my English. Since I am a very lazy person, I mostly read, and watch movies, and do things which make it possible for me to improve my vocabulary, my grammar and my accent without getting bored... So this blog is going to be about the books I read, the movies I watch, and some other things which I find relevant (or not)...

I hope you'll like it! Don't hesitate to leave comments if you have any suggestions concerning what I should write about!!

mercredi 1 août 2007

Keep myself awake

Urgh, reader! I'm soooo sleeeeeepy!!!
It's nice and cosy in my desk's chair, I'm all tired, I just could fall asleep, but I need to keep on entering answers to questionnaires in the computer, because that's my task today. It's interesting to see the answers, from time to time, but I must say, in the long run, it kinds of get me sleepy. I can feel my heart slowing down, sloooowing down, and then I have to fight to keep my head from dropping, and I can nearly see my EEG getting flatter and flatter... I'll end up brain dead!! I need to go see DrHouse!!

Anyway. I finished proofreading the newsletter about Excel, I hope I didn't do anything wrong, and I hope the writer won't be trying to kill me in my sleep and write "dunce" above my head in my own blood... I just can't seem to get the logic of this programm...

Apart from that, I discovered today that my "itinerary to fame" is ruined!! Someone has already made a remix of "do you love me". It's really not good enough (not nearly as good as my planned version anyway, as I'm sure you've guessed), but I don't want to be accused of plagiarism, so I'll just let it go, I think. I'm sure I'll find some other song. That will be my next mission.
Oh, yeah, and I wanted to tell you, yesterday, after I met my friend M, from Dublin, I went back home, and I took the wrong Metro, and at the station where the lines splits and goes towards two different directions, I had to hurry out of the train, which is not easy, because it was crammed. The driver said "good news, people, we're going to Saint Denis" -which is not where I was going.
Then he saw me hurrying through the crowd thourgh (I guess) his little in-board camera (Big brother's watching you, people of Paris!), and he laughed and said "Yeah, miss!! You need to GET OUT now!! We're NOT going to Asnières!" and then he kept on talking, like "please fasten your seatbelts" and stuff. I guess Mr Driver was in a good mood. It was kind of freaky, but I like it when drivers in Paris make little jokes and stuff. Usually they sound like grumpy bears, and they are absolutely not original, so I figure, a little fun doesn't hurt.

Anyway. Guess what reader?? It's time to go home! I'll leave it at that for today, and tomorrow, I promise, I'll find something even more rivetting to talk about :)

A bientôt!

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

ha cette histoire de chauffeur de bus ca me rapelle un pilote d'avion de ligne. En atterrissant, apres les messages habituels (il fait tant de degres dehors, etc.), il a glisse "veillez a ne rien oublier dans l'avion sans quoi je passerai le prendre et je le revendrai sur e-bay ce soir". Ha !
-Philippok

Claire a dit…

He he he... Les petites joies des pilotes d'avion... en même temps, eux, ils passent leur vie dans les nuages, c'est normal qu'ils soient de bonne humeur!! :)