What is this blog all about?

The main purpose of this blog is to give an overview of the things I do, in my everyday life, in order to improve my English. Since I am a very lazy person, I mostly read, and watch movies, and do things which make it possible for me to improve my vocabulary, my grammar and my accent without getting bored... So this blog is going to be about the books I read, the movies I watch, and some other things which I find relevant (or not)...

I hope you'll like it! Don't hesitate to leave comments if you have any suggestions concerning what I should write about!!

lundi 25 juin 2007

Super trooper

Yeah. I'm quoting Abba now. Any problem with that reader?

Anyway. I'm not writing to tell you about something I've done lately to improve my level of English, but to ask you about one more of life's mysteries: Why oh why do I always watch CSI while I'm eating?? It makes me sick, and I just can't stop! I always think, come on, this time they'll find a regular corpse in a regular place, (which, per se, would already be pretty bad), but no!! They have to find a half decomposed body, which has "saponified". It means that all its bodily fluids have turned into... No. Actually I won't give you a nice description. Because I'm a nice person. Sometimes. Well, mostly, I don't want to think about it anymore. Maybe I could give you keywords like goo and stench. But that's all.

Add to that the interesting mixture I prepared tonight (I'm a good cook, usually, but I don't know, tonight I think I was possessed by some Spirit of the Puke), made of noodle, butter, garlic and soy sauce (Lord, I can't believe I actually thought it would be a good idea...), and you have a fair picture of how I feel tonight.
Besides, I have not finished my learning portfolio for the "Lese- und Schreibtraining" course, and I am writing the silliest post ever instead of getting any work done. Did you notice, by the way, that my post are getting worse and worse lately? I think my brain is dying! I'm going to go to Dr House's and get it checked. An EEG for me. Will look approximately like a topographic map of Belgium. Flat with a few bumps here and there.

Anyway. In order to make me feel better about this lame post, (yeah, I know I say lame all the time, it's just a new word I found to say silly, and I'm so happy!) I'd like to tell you about the great http://www.granddictionnaire.com/ website, which is the best bilingual dictionary ever, for those of you who study French. I know you're not many. But it's just incredible, they have the most amazing, detailed vocabs, like a translation for "Goliath Edison screw base", or "autologous blood".
I don't have a clue what either of them means, not in English and not in French, but if ever I need to translate some really particular text about science, medicine, or any particularly specialized topic, I will know where to go. I think they translate to Latin as well, but I'm not quite sure. My sister Françoise, who is a translator, has given me this link, and I just found it brilliant, so I though I'd tell you about it!!

Well, I'll get back to my portfolio now! Otherwise I'll never ever be finished...
See you soon reader! Oh, yeah! On Wednesday evening at 7 p.m. at The Propeller! Can't wait to be there! My German oral exam will be over by then! Hope I'll have made it alive :)

Aucun commentaire: