What is this blog all about?

The main purpose of this blog is to give an overview of the things I do, in my everyday life, in order to improve my English. Since I am a very lazy person, I mostly read, and watch movies, and do things which make it possible for me to improve my vocabulary, my grammar and my accent without getting bored... So this blog is going to be about the books I read, the movies I watch, and some other things which I find relevant (or not)...

I hope you'll like it! Don't hesitate to leave comments if you have any suggestions concerning what I should write about!!

dimanche 24 juin 2007

Have mercy on me!!

Well, I thought I'd save my 60th post for when I leave Graz, but I changed my mind. I should be writing some texts in German for a Portfolio right now, so I figured, "what else could I do instead", and writing a new post was my first idea, so here we go.
Even though my computer has been showing signs of weakness these last few days (blacking out every half hour, making very weird bleeps when I turn it on, and turning so hot you could fry eggs on it), I have managed to watch a new TV Links series! A Texan friend recommended it to me, and it's called "Mystery Science Theatre 3000". If you feel like training your oral comprehension abilities, and watching something really lame, go on to TV-links, and click on this title.

I would evaluate the budget for each 90 minutes episode at about $20, it's extremely ugly, but it's good fun. It's about a guy and three robots, who are trapped in a spaceship, kept prisoners by a mad scientist who forces them to watch really bad movies. So basically they just sit in a theatre, watching old horror movies (even when it's not horror movies, it's still horrible) and making stupid comments about the dialogues, the music, and the film in general. I sometimes have trouble knowing what they are talking about, because they make references to some stuff which I have never heard about, but it's still funny. Funnier than writing texts for my German portfolio in any case. So far I have watched "Night of the blood beast", (or something like that) and I found it really good.
Apart from that, I am afraid I haven't done much lately to improve my English. I have mostly been avoiding getting any work done, and trying to figure out ways of making money. I am now on a diet of noodles and water, and I am thinking about going down to the Jakomini and sing, so that people would pay me to stop. As Gene Kelly would say "Dignity, always Dignity"... :)
Anyway. I think I'd better get back to my Lese- und Schreibtraining... It's nearly finished, so it's not much incentive for me to get to work... But I have to. I'll do it. I'm a good girl. I can do it. I'll just watch one more episode of "Will and Grace", and then, I promise, I'll start doing something useful. By the way, "Will and Grace", in the last episodes I watched, they organised a marriage of convenience between a 35 years old gay man and a middle aged cleaning lady from El Salvador so that she could stay in the country, so I guess I could say that it's useful to watch, because it improves my cultural knowledge of America :). Does it actually qualify as English Skills improvement??

Aucun commentaire: