What is this blog all about?

The main purpose of this blog is to give an overview of the things I do, in my everyday life, in order to improve my English. Since I am a very lazy person, I mostly read, and watch movies, and do things which make it possible for me to improve my vocabulary, my grammar and my accent without getting bored... So this blog is going to be about the books I read, the movies I watch, and some other things which I find relevant (or not)...

I hope you'll like it! Don't hesitate to leave comments if you have any suggestions concerning what I should write about!!

lundi 21 mai 2007

Tonight, we dine in Heeeeeeeeell!!!

Harrrrrrrrrrrghrhargh Reader!!!

I usually just say hi, but I recently went to see 300 with a friend, and I though it was time for me to barbarize my blog a little. Enough sweet posts about romantic comedies and handsome actors, time for Blood and Bruises and Cuts and Pieces of Flesh flying all around!

Well, surprisingly enough, reader, although I am a little sissy, I really liked the movie. It reminded me of all those old peplums, insofar as the dialogues were really old fashioned, just like the images and ideas defended. I don't actually like peplums usually, because I find them very ugly, with all those guys running around, sweating a lot, and making cheesy tirades every 2 minutes.

"But why, oh why did you like 300, then, oh Queen of this Blog?" asks my reader, heart in his throat?


Well, I can state several reasons, really. First of all, it's an ABSOLUTE backside must. Second, I found all the actors and actresses somehow convincing, and that's saying a lot, because I'm a cheat, reader, I went and saw the movie in German, (I was with an Autrian friend, who doesn't understand English, so the Royal English Cinema without subtitles would have been difficult). Even dubbed, and in German, I managed to believe in the characters nearly all the time.

And when you compare it to really bad failures such as Troy, for example (Yes. I plead guilty. I went and saw Troy too. Come on reader, you know me, how could I possibly resist Brad Pitt, Orlando Bloom and Eric Bana in the same movie???) it's so much prettier! (Incredible how they managed to make it prettier, now that I come to think of it :)

I like all those new movies they are making where the images look like they come out of your imagination, or straight from a book, and not from an actual camera. Like Sin City (didn't like the movie, but liked the pictures) or Captain Sky and the World of Tomorrow, things like that. Because it also gives the writer, somehow, a licence to pretend he is writing a book instead of making a movie: then it's OK to have dialogues which sound as if they were directly taken from the Odyssey, you don't need to try to be unnecessary funny, or adapt to your audience. Which, guess what, is not so thick as not to be able to understand the dialogues of the Odyssey, and comes to the cinema because they'd like a change of scenery!


So yes, in general, I must say, I like the movie very much. I wouldn't go and see it twice, but on the whole, I thought it really was respectable. Oh, yes, just one thing to finish, if anyone has seen it too, could they please give me their opinion about the music? That was reaaaaally bad, honestly, it screamed "come to me, young-gothic-punk-I've-got-piercings-all-over-because-I-am-a-big-rebel-person, and give me your money"... But of course, I'd be interested in the opinion of anyone who disagrees!! I don't actually know this type of music too well, but this one sounded really bad and cheap to me... Did I mortally insult a mythic hard rock group, or did I make new friends? Tell me reader!

Aucun commentaire: